When are you open to distribute food and clothing?
The Family Pantry Location
- Tuesdays 10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 10:00 am - 12 Noon
- Thursdays 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday 9:00 am - 12 Noon
The Second Glance Thrift Shop
- Summer Hours: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm (Begins mid April)
- Winter Hours: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm (Begins early November)
How Do I Become a Client?
The first time you come to the Pantry, we will interview you briefly to confirm your eligibility for assistance and obtain needed information about your household.
When are you open to volunteer?
The Family Pantry FOOD PANTRY:
- Tuesdays 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 7:00 a.m. - 12 Noon
- Thursdays 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturdays 7:00 a.m. – 12 Noon
The Second Glance Thrift Shop
- Summer Hours: Wednesday - Saturday 10:00 - 5:00 pm
- Winter Hours: Wednesday - Saturday 10:00 - 4:00 pm
What do volunteers do at The Family Pantry?
The Family Pantry has many different volunteer job positions. The main positions at the Family Pantry are food distribution, warehouse stocking, clothes sorting, client processing, office support and gardening. The Second Glance Thrift Shop has positions on the sales floor and backroom. Volunteers who work the Pantry warehouse should be able to lift 25 pounds.
Can I come as an individual?
Absolutely! We seek individuals who can commit to a regular schedule of volunteering one 3 hour shift each week. All volunteers fill out a simple application. “CLICK HERE” for our application form. Please contact our Program Manager, Janet Stolzer for more information 508-432-6519, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can we come as a group? Paused during Covid-19 pandemic
Yes, groups can work on special projects in the warehouse or join in on work days in the garden.
Can The Family Pantry accommodate volunteers with special needs?
We evaluate all special needs situations individually, but we are happy to try and accommodate specials needs. To discuss your situation, please contact our Progam Manager, Janet Stolzer at 508-432-6519, JStolzer@thefamilypantry.com.
Can I do my community service at The Family Pantry?
Yes, we accept both court ordered and school, church or other required community service applicants, however individual approval is required. All volunteers must fill out a CORI form to participate at the Pantry.
What should I wear to volunteer?
Attire for most of the volunteer positions is appropriate comfortable clothes with The Family Pantry Apron/Shirt, a name tag and close-toed shoes.
Is there an age restriction?
Yes, our volunteers need to be 16 years old, we work in a large warehouse and safety is a priority. Younger individuals can work in the garden with a parent.
When can I stop by to donate clothing, food or financial support?
- Clothing, Food and Financials Donations
- Tuesday and Thursday 8-3:30PM, and Wednesday 8-Noon
- The Donation Center is located at the Family Pantry main warehouse on Queen Anne Road in Harwich
Do you accept small household items?
Yes we accept kitchen wares, linens, small household appliances, decorative household items, artwork, jewelry, dishes, glassware, pots/pans and un-upholstered furniture. We DO NOT accept upholstered furniture, electronics, used toys, car seats, stuffed animals, mattresses, bed frames, TV stands, armoires, or large appliances.
What are the most needed food items to advertise at our company’s food drive?
- Canned Tuna/Salmon in Water
- Canned Chicken
- Pasta Sauce
- Brownie Mix
- Pancake Syrup
- Canned Ravioli
- Peanut Butter
- Brown Rice
- Whole Wheat Pasta
- Healthy All-Fruit Jams and Jellies
- Low Sodium Canned Vegetables
- Low Sodium Hearty Soups
- Shelf Stable Milk
- Cereal - sugar free such as Cheerios, Corn Flakes, Chex
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Fresh Fruit and Fresh Produce
- Un-opened Toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, bar soap
- Menstrual Products
- Baby Diapers, baby wipes, baby formula, baby food
- We also accept new unwrapped toys for our Christmas toy program.